E-Commerce SEO Tips: 20 Tips For SEO of E-Commerce/Business Websites
Online Shopping (E-commerce) industry is very large and different kinds of digital technicalities are being included within the same so that online processing of shopping and payments after purchasing goods or services can be highly facilitated.
With the dawn of e-commerce sites, online stores have increased and thus you can now make online purchase rather than moving from one store top another physically.
You can also get improved website optimization by adding special shopping features and on the basis of that you got to frame the best search engine optimization (SEO) strategy for e-commerce websites.
Search engine optimization (SEO) may seem so uncomplicated on the ground for online shopping (E-commerce) websites, but in practice, there are more than hundreds of interconnect things that must be adjusted and monitored in order to see positive results on search engines.
Search engine optimization (SEO) process is even more complicated and hard-hitting for e-commerce (online shopping) websites, which operate under a unique set of functionalists and must remain to a separate set of best practices.
All the factors still apply on e-commerce Search engine optimization (SEO): publishing great content, earning quality inbound links, and maintaining an ongoing social media campaign.
Here are few detailed tips for Search engine optimization (SEO) of a e-commerce or business website:-
1. Create unique product descriptions for every product:- This is extremely important. It’s tempting to use a manufacturer’s description for your products, or to repeat sections of content for similar products, but the best strategy is to create a completely unique description for each of your products. It’s a lot of work up front, but duplicate content can severely hinder your campaign, and all that extra unique content will pay off immediately.
2. Encourage user reviews:- Encourage your users to post reviews on each individual product page. Amazon executes this perfectly, so look at any product page on Amazon.com for a great example of how to implement user reviews. Google loves seeing unique, value-adding content, and with an e-commerce site, you have a key opportunity to generate free content from your user base. Plus, you’ll boost sales by giving people more insight into the quality of the products you sell.
3. Establish easy site navigation:- This is crucial for both attaining higher search engine rankings and improving your site’s user experience. Organize your product pages as intuitively as possible, separating them into easily searchable and easily understandable categories. Make your site map obvious and easy to follow, and design your site in a way that pleases the eye and immediately directs users where to go.
4. Optimize your site load times by reducing the size of your images:- It’s important to have high-quality images on your product pages, but don’t go overboard. Having too many high-quality images on one page can slow down your site, which is bad for SEO. Instead, reduce the size of your images, or build a feature that allows users to “zoom in” to see a larger version. This will keep your load speeds in check while still giving your users the quality they need to see.
5. Link between pages wherever possible:- Google prefers websites with value-adding internal linking. The fewer clicks a user has to make in order to get to any given page on your site, the better. Improve this by linking each page to several other similar, relevant pages in your domain.
6. Optimize your site for mobile:- This is essential for any site, but especially an e-commerce platform, which would otherwise be nearly impossible to navigate. Give your users a smooth mobile experience, either through a responsive design, a specific mobile design, or an interactive app that allows for a better mobile experience. This will become increasingly important in the coming years.
7. Integrate your product pages with social sharing:- In addition to basic social integration, your product pages should have social-share buttons so users can pass on information about your products with their friends and followers. This is a good business practice in general but it’s particularly good for SEO because Google may use social signals as a measure of authority.
8. Keep your out-of-stock and discontinued item pages up and running:- This might seem counter-intuitive at first. After all, if you’re no longer offering an item, why bother keeping the page up? It’s worthwhile because it gives you more permanent pages, and a greater base of indexable content for Google bots to scour. All you need to do is add a headline or some other indication that the item is no longer available.
9. Create seasonal categories to maximize seasonal attention:- Seasonal items tend to have lower keyword competition, with the trade-off being a shorter period of relevance. To get the most out of your seasonal items, create specific seasonal category pages such as “Halloween Decor” or “Best in Fashion 2014.”
10. Add a community forum and encourage growth:- Another major content option for e-commerce platforms is a community forum where users can exchange information about their favorite products and make recommendations to one another. It will increase brand loyalty amongst your participants. Encourage community growth by starting conversations and responding to questions and complaints whenever possible.
11. Include pictures and videos for every product:- E-commerce platforms serve as a perfect medium for visual content, which is growing in importance for SEO. Include videos and several high-quality pictures for every product you offer, tagged with relevant metadata, so each image has a chance of showing up for a relevant image-based search. Just keep them stored in a way that doesn’t interfere with site loading times.
12. Make your site secure:- It’s always been a best practice for e-commerce sites to have HTTPS encryption for user security. If you don’t have it, get it now. In addition to providing an extra layer of user security, it also provides a significant ranking signal to Google.
13. Build deep inbound links:- Link building for e-commerce sites presents a significant opportunity: ample material for deep linking. When engaging in a link-building campaign, focus on attaining links to the deepest pages on your site that you can (such as niche product pages).
14. Regularly check your pages for errors:- E-commerce sites can grow unwieldy fast, since they usually have a huge (and growing) number of pages. Perform routine checks to make sure none of your permalinks are generating 404 errors, and that all of your links to external content are still functional. You can do this using Google Webmaster Tools and a site-crawling tool such as Screaming Frog.
15. Build relevantly titled URLs:- Every URL on your e-commerce platform should be unique, relevant to the page, and keyword optimized. If you’re using an automated means of page creation, you might be left with a URL ending in a long series of numbers and letters–change these immediately. For example, if you’re offering a large red umbrella on a specific product page, end your URL with /large-red-umbrella-v1 rather than /10031490314180.
16. Use catchy meta descriptions for your products:- When a page appears on a search engine ranking page (SERP), the meta description appears as text under the hyperlink. Use this to your advantage by writing compelling copy for each of your products’ meta descriptions. Your goal should be to immediately catch your user’s attention, and draw him or her in.
17. Optimize your site’s internal search functionality:- It’s important to realize that Google isn’t the only search engine you need to be thinking about. If you want your users to keep shopping on your site, you need to build and refine an internal search function that can efficiently scour your site and provide the most relevant results to your users. This means building an algorithm that can handle misspellings, offer predictive searches, and sort through every page on the site. It also means optimizing your product titles and categories to be searchable both internally and externally.
18. Plagiarism and black-hat techniques are avoided:- Backlink purchases are considered as the unethical means of optimizing e-commerce sites online and thus you must avoid the same as there is no short-cut for reaching success. This is one of the leading reasons that white-hat techniques are usually entertained by replacing black-hat techniques of SEO. The contents of product descriptions are not to be duplicated otherwise you will not be able to create trafficking in your online site and that will automatically hamper SEO. If you want people to leave healthy comments, then nothing can be the best option other than creating fresh contents.
19. Concentration on targeted buyers:- You got to understand the actual requirements or demands of the targeted buyers otherwise you will not be able to generate requisite trafficking to your online site. You need to mention the product features in such a manner so that the contents can be easily visible by the buyers and they can come to know about the products. The ads needs to be displayed in different online pages especially social-media pages and other popular sites where the trafficking is quite high.
20. Creation of alt tags and category pages:- Try to create suitable categories so that the products can be displayed under them in a strategic manner. This is really quite convenient for the visitors. Internal linking and product-photo tagging can be effectively done by means of creating alt tags.
Popular Search Keywords For this Article:
- ecommerce seo tips (28)
- how to operate your ecommerce website 6 tips in hindi (3)
- ecommerce website smo tips (2)
- e commerce mobile marketing hindi (1)
- off page seo for Ecommerce site 2015 (1)