10 SEO Factors To Check Before Starting New SEO Project in 2015
When it is about increasing organic traffic to website, it is definitely a must that one practices efficient on-page SEO and powerful off-page SEO as well.
While some other Search Engine Optimizers (SEOs) start Google Adwords ads either for branding or gain revenue within short span of time for the online business.
When SEO is practiced faultlessly and properly, organic traffic always flows in. You must definitely know that there are several SEO factors, but should also know that there are a few very important and crucial factors amongst them.
Either you are an Search Engine Optimization (SEO) expert or a fresher you must need to know about some basic points when you are going to start a new or old SEO project for your client.
I think you all knew about type of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) you do for your client websites, but there are some topics you need to take care before starting new Search Engine Optimization (SEO) project.
Here are 10 SEO Factors To Check Before Starting New SEO Project in 2015:-
1. Domain History :– If you are staring SEO with a old project then you must check the web history of a domain. You must check “If the domain is penalize by Google or not“. To check you can see your Google webmaster Tool or the simple way is to put the URL into the Google search box, if you are not getting any result means that the website is penalize. If you are doing SEO for a dead website then you will not get any result. Google put penalize and some new website in the Google sandbox and they will not shows any impressions in search in Google SERP for a long time. So, if your website is penalized, then you must need to find out the reason for it. You can find its reason using webmaster or from the Google support form. Also check domain history using the Wayback machine Tool before you buying a new domain for your business.
2. Excessive linking :– Check all of the pages to ensure there is no excessive linking within the website. Google ban such type of linking that do only for getting the best SEO ranking. Remove such type of links from the pages. Use anchor text on your most favorite keywords and connect them those internal pages that have information regarding to these keywords.
3. Quality Content :– Content is now the king for SEO process. If you try to getting better position in Google ranking, then you must put quality content on your website pages. Only quality and informative website can rank high in search engines. Content must not be duplicate or low quality on the website pages. You can also post quality content on your website blog for more quality traffic on your website and help in converted your goals. Check duplicate content on website at www.copyscape.com.
4. Website Structure :– A nice design with better user interface bind people on the website and there is most chance that those traffic would be your customer in the future. A neat and clean design with user and search engine friendly URL rally makes your site perfect. Example of a nice website URL is like… www.exaple.com/women/jeans . Don’t use deep URL linking because they confuse both user and the search engines in website crawling.
5. Website Errors :– Broken links are like 404 (Page Not Found), No server connectivity, Soft 404 (Page was not fount at some point of time) etc. You can Use 301 (Permanent Redirection) or 302 (Temporary Redirection) on not found website pages to save from search engine crawling errors. If you find server connection error then talk to your hosting manager for this issue. Explore broken links within your website using broken inks checker tool and resolve them ASAP.
6. Don’t Use Frames and Flash :– Avoid frames in your website because they dislocate the flow of the website and also difficult to predict where a page linked. Search engines are not able to read frames easily, so avoid frames into your website. Flash movies are also not indexed by search engines; if you are using flash on some page then use alt text to describe it.
7. Use Sitemap and Robots :– Search engine love sitemap into websites, because it makes them easy to crawl all website pages within a short time and in a suitable manner. Generate sitemap by using free sitemap generator websites and put this into index file. Check your website sitemap at /sitemap.xml link. Submit sitemap in Google webmaster tool and index your website in a short time. If you want to block something to crawl, then you must use robots.txt file on your website. By using Robots.txt you can block a website page, admin, directory, folder and everything you want to hide from search engines. If you want to block whole the website then you must use this text in your robots.txt file.
8. Page Speed and Mobile Friendly Test :– Google Announced New Update for Mobile Friendly Websites and page speed issue. If your website is not mobile friendly then you must be go down after the new algorithm update. So, enhance your website issue as soon as possible.
9. URL :- Another main SEO factor is the URL of the post. WordPress easily allows you to edit the URL of any post/page. Therefore, one should make the best of the same. The URL should be as short as possible so that it looks clean and simple in the SERPs. To make sure your URL is properly optimized, all you have to focus on is the usage of keywords in it. For example, in the image above, it can be shorted to ‘important-seo-factors’ and yet it will work much better.
10. Product/Services & page Title :- The title of any post, for e.g – The 5 Most Important SEO Factors, plays a very crucial role on the search engine rankings. For example, if the post is about ‘harvesting seeds’ and the title talks about ‘planting seeds’, then the whole scene will be upside down. You must surely be knowing that search engines fetch the title of any post/page from the title tags. Therefore, the on-page title can be whatever you want but the main ‘Meta’ title should be just what you want to show in the search engines. All you have to focus is using the keyword within your title.